Although I grew up in Southwestern Ontario, I was blessed through my childhood to have had the opportunity to spend my summers with my family and our trailer travelling from Nova Scotia all the way to Vancouver Island. I've been to every province other than Newfoundland - and I hope some day to visit there as well. I wish I could say I've been to some of our territories like Nunavut (where one of my best friends lives!), but that's also in a "one day" category.
- I've been in a snowstorm in August.
- I use "Eh" in every day conversation.
- I can speak both English and French (although it's rusty!)
- I've seen whales and beavers.
- I wear a touque in the winter.
- I have seen dinosaur bones in Alberta.
- I've been in both the Pacific and Atlantic oceans.
- I've eaten fresh-from-the-ocean lobster.
- I tell temperature in degrees Celcius.
- I visited Anne's house.
- I've been in Nanimo. I might have even had a Nanimo Bar there!
- I live in a place where the weather in summer is so hot and humid you sweat with Air Conditioning on, and in winter, your snot freezes in your nose.
I could keep making this list, but the post would get ridiculously long. So, for now, I'll stop.
As we head into Canada Day weekend - wave your maple flags, dig out the red clothes, and take some time to visit all the blogs participating in the Great Canadian Blog Bash!