Disclosure: I was given a one month box in exchange for my review, however this in no way effected my evaluation. All opinions are completely honest and 100% my own.
By the end of my pregnancy, I was pretty much feeling discouraged, fat, heavy, and tired. For the first time in any of my pregnancies I was eager to be done with it and have the baby already. Of course, he was having none of it and decided to stay cozy.
One of the big pick-me-ups was getting a special box delivered right to my door from MommiesFirst.com - full of some really neat products for pregnant mamas!
Started in May 2012 by fellow mom Lorena Pacheco Scott, MommiesFirst.com was designed to help moms discover the best products for them and their babies. Together with their council of parent testers, they work hard each month to bring a package of goodies to their subscribers that has quality products and samples for new and expecting mamas.
Lorena shipped me out a box for the last month of my pregnancy. Check out what was inside!
The first thing that caught my eye was the actual box. It's pretty - even though it's just cardboard. The teal-blue colour really pops! Opening in it up, I loved the little sticker that holds the tissue paper inside. I know, something small - but it's these little things that really make everything stand out!
Inside, other than the products themselves, what really made it special were 2 things. First, the personally addressed envelope that had a note about where I was at in my pregnancy, and about the company itself. The other thing was a little series of cards, attached together with a diaper pin, that explained each of the products in the box to tell me more about each one. Love it!
What was included in my box?
- An EcoParent Magazine (with special discount code if I want to subscribe!) - this magazine was really interesting to flip through. I'd actually heard about it from another friend and recognized it right away! So many great articles about lots of different things.
- FitMom Prenatal Yoga DVD - although at the very end of my pregnancy, exercise is still important!
- Novena Organic Beauty Breast Cream - helps prevent and heal stretch marks on your breasts as well as chapped skin. It smells really good. For my friends who need to know - it's also Gluten Free!
- Pariday TendHer Pillow - I'm really excited about this product, actually. It's a little gel-filled pillow that can be heated or cooled (or left room temperature) to help with those sore/tender spots while nursing.
- Thera-Wise Diaper Ointment and Hemorrhoidal Ointment - lets face it. Bums need help, big or small. Pregnant women are very prone to hemorrhoids and babies get diaper rashes. These creams are to help us both!
Thanks MommiesFirst.com! :)